Roosevelt High School Daily Bulletin
Pacific Asian Affairs Council Club
- Students have indicated an interest in organizing a PAAC club this year. If you are interested, please email Mr. Tease email@example.com so that a 'google classroom' can be set up for your meetings.
- Also The PAAC will hold a virtual Global Vision Summit on Saturday, October 3, from 9:00AM - 12:00PM. The theme is Envisioning Climate Solutions, and will feature an interactive, role-playing simulation that explores which climate solutions have the greatest impact on limiting global temperature increase.The signup deadline is October 1st at midnight. It is limited to the first 42 students that apply. It is free and open to all High School students in Hawaii.
Speech and Debate
- This year the Hawaii Speech League is starting out on-line. There will be a synchronous tournament for debate at the end of November using a platform like zoom or google meet, and an asynchronous tournament for speech at the beginning of December. For speech, simply record your performance and upload it to a platform to be judged. If you are interested in trying out competitive drama or debate, even if it isn't in an online tournament, please contact Ms Muraoka or Mr Tease. If we don't organize before the first tournament, we won't be able to participate this year; so even if you don't want to do the on-line tournaments, we still need to submit our Hawaii Speech League membership form before the tournaments start.
- Interact Club is open to new members. Interact club focuses on student leadership through community service by planning and participating in community service opportunities that interest you, in order to help or improve our community. If you're interested join our Google Classroom using the code: KYSSQWR or email Ms. Muraoka at firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't forget that Grab and Go Meals are available daily for all students.
Breakfast is $1.10 and pick up is from 7:10 - 7:40. Lunch is $2.75 and pickup from 12:40 - 1:15.
Pick up is from the Mott-Smith entrance and students should be present in the vehicle when you pick up your meal. Come get your breakfast and lunch daily.
There are 4 school wide forms that students need to fill out and return. The questionnaire to determine Eligibility MV1, the emergency Card, the student Publication Audio Video Release Form, and the TRUF form for all 9th graders or students new to Roosevelt.
You can turn the forms in by submitting it through the google form https://forms.gle/fsWb9a4AogQdgcn16, emailing it to email@example.com or mailing it to 1120 Nehoa Street, Honolulu, 96822.
Turn in your forms as soon as possible. If you have any questions please ask your advisory teacher.
Freshman Class Officer Nominations
- " Applications are being accepted for students in the class of 2024 who are interested in running for class officer. Class officers help plan activities for their class. Criteria: must attend class council meetings, be responsible for class council assigned duties, plan class activities, be able to work with peers and class advisors. No experience necessary. Download the flyer and application here. Completed forms are due on or before 3 pm on Oct. 6, 2020. For questions email Ms. Dudoit, Roosevelt High School Student Activities Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org