The next Roosevelt High School driver education class will run from February 6 - March 14, 2024. Classes will be held virtually on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 5:30-8:30 pm. The final exam will be given in-person on March 14, 2024 at 3:15 pm in room A1.
Applications are being accepted from December 4-8, 2023 ONLY. DO NOT SUBMIT APPLICATIONS BEFORE OR AFTER DEC. 4-8.
Roosevelt students must turn in a hard copy of their application.
A copy of the application is included with this announcement, or you may pick up a copy in room A3 from December 4-8. A CLEAR copy of both sides of the student’s current HAWAII driver permit, centered in the middle of one page, must be included when the application is submitted. Roosevelt students must submit a printed copy of their permit when picking up the application.
Fully completed applications, along with the copy of the driver permit, are due to Ms. Dudoit by 2:30 pm on December 8, 2023. Roosevelt students must fully complete the Student Class Schedule on side 2 of the application. Late and/or incomplete submissions may not be considered.
- Driver education classes will be held virtually and are limited to 14 students.
- Selection for the class is by lottery.
- Students must have access to a computer with a working camera. Cameras must be on throughout the entire class period.
- The class list will be posted in front of room A3 at 2:00 pm on Dec. 13, 2023. Roosevelt students are responsible for checking the list, they will not be contacted.
- Both the student and parent are required to attend a mandatory virtual orientation on Jan. 11, 2024 from 5:30-7:00 pm. A webex link will be sent to those selected.
- $10 class fee must be paid (cash only) by Dec. 19, 2023 to Ms. Dudoit in room A3.
- Non-Roosevelt High School applicants will be contacted via email.