Applications for the second semester driver education class are being accepted from Nov. 15 -24, 2021.
Note: Due to the pandemic, Driver Education classes will be held virtually and are limited to 14 students.
You may download the application from the Roosevelt website. A CLEAR copy of the student’s current driver permit, centered in the middle of the page, must be included when the application is submitted.
Fully completed applications, along with a copy of the driver permit, are due to Ms. Dudoit, by Nov. 24, 2021 before 2:00 pm. Roosevelt students must fully complete the Student Class Schedule on side 2 of the application. Late and/or incomplete submissions may not be considered.
- Selection for the class is by lottery.
- The class list will be posted in front of room A3 at 2pm on Nov. 30, 2021. Students are responsible for checking the list.
- If selected: 1) both the student and parent are required to attend a mandatory virtual orientation meeting on Wednesday, Dec. 15, 2021 from 5:30 -7:30 pm. A webex link will be sent to those selected. 2) $10 class fee must also be paid (cash only) by Dec. 15 to Ms. Dudoit in room A3.
- Classes will be held virtually on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, from Jan. 11 to Feb. 16, 2022 from 5:30-8:30 pm.
- Final exam will be given in person in the RHS library on Feb. 17, 2022, 3:15-5:15 pm.
- Driving with the instructor will be scheduled once per week for 6 lessons on either Saturdays or Sundays.
*** Only students who do not have conflicts with the class dates and times should apply.